The full loop is now complete, you can enter the campaign, play a mission, and come back to the campaign. So now I'm at a crossroads, in a sense.
Yesterday I tried to think about all the things I could do next, but the list was too big. So I used one of them so-called "agile methodologies" to produce this graph that covered the biggest goals I could think of:
The idea is, you do the things that are high impact and risky first, and then rotate counter-clockwise through low risk high impact, to low-risk, low impact. High risk low impact is left alone.
So this seems to indicate that I should work on character advancement and combat mechanics, since that's where I think most of the high-impact risk is. Those two are tied together somewhat, and so is Overlord AI, since the AI will have to respond to the changes in combat mechanics. But at least it gives me a place to focus.
This exercise feels a little funny with just me doing all the estimating. You're really supposed to have a group of people weighing in. But it sure goes faster with just one!

No comments:
Post a Comment